Yorkburg Manor Bed and Breakfast located on Broomhead Road in Northern Michigan’s beautiful Grand Traverse County is within three miles of the entrance to the Sand Lakes Quiet Area, a part of the Pere Marquette State Forest.
There are 2800 acres of State Forest for hiking, biking and cross country skiing. Motorized traffic is prohibited thus offering unlimited opportunities for nature lovers to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the area. The Cross Michigan Shore to Shore Riding and Hiking Trail is on the southern skirt of the area but not on the hiking trails.
There are also five beautiful inland lakes within Sand Lakes Quiet Area, several of which are stocked and managed for trout. Come and enjoy the beauty of Northern Michigan.
Distances from Yorkburg Manor
- Sand Lakes Quiet Area – 3 Miles
- Michigan TART Bicycle Trail – 4 Miles
- Downtown Elk Rapids – 12 Miles
- Downtown Traverse City – 13 Miles
- Turtle Creek Casino – 2 Miles
- GT Butterfly House and Bug Zoo – .5 Miles
- Great Wolf Lodge (indoor water park) – 15 Miles
- Grand Traverse Resort – 8 Miles (three golf courses)
- Dennos Museum – 11 Miles
- Grandview Golf Club – 17 Miles
- Pebblebrook Golf (miniature golf) – 8 Miles
- Pirate’s Cove (miniature golf) – 9 Miles
- Lake Skegemog Public Access – 3 Miles
- Grand Traverse Bay Public Access – 7 Miles
- Mr. C’s Bar & Grill – .5 Miles
- Twin Birch Golf Club – 12 Miles
- McGee’s – Pub and Grill – 5 Miles